My workshops are a valuable resource for institutional clients as well as university faculty and administrators.
I am currently offering the following outstanding workshops where I discuss tools for securing work in higher education:
- 4 Keys to Unlocking Academic Career Success
- Making Third Year Review Work Best For You!
- From Standard to Spectacular: 10 Steps to CV Perfection
- Mastering the Market: How to Get an Academic Job
Whether you are an administrator, seeking faculty coaching, or a college or university that is committed to supporting and diversifying your professoriate, I can help!
Dr. Amin has been featured at:
- Purdue’s Pre-Tenure Women’s Conference
- Northwestern University’s Dance in/And the Humanities Summer Seminar
- Sisters of the Academy Research BootCamp – Priming the Pipeline
- Moving Spirits of Color Blog Talk Radio
All workshops are 2 hours in length. Keynote speaking engagements (45 minutes plus 15 minute Q & A) and full day onsite presentations (2 workshops / 4 hours) are available.
4 Keys to Unlocking Academic Career Success
- Are you struggling with negative self – talk while trying to secure academic career success?
- Are you scared off by “horror stories” you’ve heard from other academics?
- Are you struggling to cultivate a healthy pathway to career success but don’t know where to start?
This foundational workshop guides participants through the essential mindsets or “keys” needed for long-term success in higher education. Takiyah Nur Amin delivers no-nonsense, down-to-earth and easily applicable concepts in this workshop, useful for graduate students and faculty alike.
Making Third Year Review Work Just For You!
- Are you struggling with interpreting institutional guidelines for tenure and promotion?
- Do you know how to access available resources to support your review case?
- Do you know how to best represent your teaching, research and service for review?
Approaching the third year review hurdle can be especially daunting for junior faculty on the tenure track. In this workshop, Takiyah Nur Amin dispels the myths and challenges negative mindsets associated with re-appointment issues while sharing actionable strategies for preparing the review dossier. All participants will develop a plan for preparation and have ample opportunities to get answers to burning questions about third year review.
From Standard to Spectacular: 10 Steps to Perfecting Your CV
- Do you have a curriculum vitae that positions you ideally for the career you will pursue?
- Are you struggling with how to properly represent your skills for academic jobs and fellowship applications?
- Do you know how to tailor your curriculum vitae for opportunities of interest?
Commonplace perspectives about the academic job market can leave applicants feeling ill-prepared and tentative about stepping out to seek opportunities. In this workshop, Takiyah Nur Amin challenges conventional ideas about the academic job market and document preparation by providing participants with actionable steps to ensure their materials adequately and accurately reflect their skills and aspirations. All participants will work through re-organizing their own CVs, identify areas of improvement and learn ways to leverage existing technologies to present their academic credentials.
Mastering the Market: How to Get an Academic Job
- Are you concerned about having success in an increasingly competitive academic job market?
- Have you been applying for jobs for years in higher education with no measurable success?
- Are you a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow planning your next career move?
All the “gloom and doom” stories about searching for an academic position can leave an applicant confused, disheartened and disempowered before they even begin their search. In this workshop, Takiyah Nur Amin guides participants through the necessary steps to increase the likelihood of their success in the academic job market. Focusing on mindset, preparation, search and interview strategies, this workshop is best intended for advanced graduate students.